Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sounds, 2 vids of what I saw and heard



The train Stations are an experience in its' self. Wild animals roam about as people wash themselves, not naked, but right their in public. The train stations would be so full of life once sat down with a good seat the experience was like watching an episode of the Animal Planet and The Travel Channel all in one. One thing that caught our senses were the sounds that would be heard throughout India. This clip is meant to give you a sense of our the surroundings. Just before I filmed this short segment the theme song to Star Wars was being played over the loud speaker. Me and Shern just looked at each other and laughed. India is very random like that, not some of the time, but ALL of the time.



Shern, Zorba's Father Robin and myself took a quick break beside the highway to check out the view to this spectacular lake. As I was in awe when I noticed some bushes moving ever so slightly and I said to myself "this doesn't look right." Come to happened they were large bundles of grass tied together and being carried up the hill to be used to feed their livestock (probably cattle, which is a sacred animal in India.) Once these guys made it up the hill they collapsed with exhaustion. They were SO skinny. Its funny, with all the hard labor that Indians do, they almost never seem to grow muscles. I guess its all in their diet. Almost all of them are vegetarians.