Monday, February 12, 2007

Getting off the Plane

I am home. I landed at the last airport nearest my new NYC home, La Guardia, Queens, NYC. I smile to myself and thank god for having landed safely and having given me one of the greatest experiences of my life. I am walking on the walkway that connects the plane to the airport (brain freeze.) I get hit in my arms with cold, BAM! and then my stomach starts to get cold, and I see a Spanish person talking a million words a minute and then I know... Im back in New York. Ahh damn, I actually made it home. I had told people that I wasnt sure if I was going to make it home, becuase of the craziness of India, and we just never know if were gonna make it. So.... to shorten this up. I walk out of the walkway into a warm waiting room in La Guardia airport. I take a turn to walk out. I pass many people. Then I stop.

I better go to the bathroom. My trip is still not over, Now, I need to make it home in NYC. (life is a freaking Journey.) So I turn around and pass by the gate which we landed and I walked in from and there is Common standing their with, I guess his girl friend.

He is just chillin waiting for all of us people, coming from Chicago to get off the plane so he can get on and go back home! Ha. Im like "What the ....." I walk up to him and say "Common, I really apreciate everything you do and you are one of my favorite artists."

He reaches out and shakes my hand and says thanks. I didnt know what else to say but "It was a pleasure to meet you" I tell him my name and say peace. I use the bathroom and go home to BK bumping every Common track on my iPod, like I was going to go see him in Concert or something. ha.... Wild!