Sunday, August 26, 2007

Struggles of 43 bucks


Last night, I was super tired but like always, I got stuck working on the computah. Finally I took a minute to look out the window, you know, check out the block and I saw a new friend of mine, T., standing on the corner. I met T. about two months ago when I took a pic of him off Knickerbocker (pic above.) He sells incense, cds and tapes. He had just gotten back from selling his stuff in Harlem. He told me that he had made a sad $43 dollars in the past two days and that he was ready to go home because he had not gotten any sleep in 48 hours. "I dont know where the money is anymore," he told me. As Ive began selling on the street, I definitely know what he's talking about. Its tough out here. Making $43 dollars in two days is rough. So I just wanted to give you guys another perspective of what goes out there, especially if your making big bucks, cant forget the others.